Culverts & Extensions

As per Polcy No. 801, the M.D. shall provide one approach not exceeding 12 metres in length to each quarter section at no cost to the landowner. Extensions can be obtained from the M.D. at the landowner’s expenses. See the policy for more details. Requests may be call in or emailed to Kevin Cymbaluk, Director of Operations. 

Culvert Steaming

If you see a culvert that requires steaming in the M.D. of Smoky River, please report it to the Road Forman at 780-837-0041. Or the Director of Operations at 780-837-2221 ext. 108.

Work in Municipal Road Allowance

Any work to be performed in the municipal road allowances by landowners must have prior approval from the Municipality. Please refer to Policy 811, Authorization to Work in Municpal Roadways by Private Ratepayers & Companies.