Rental equipment is made available for use within the boundaries of the Municipal District of Smoky River, unless otherwise specifically authorized by the Agricultural Fieldman.
The M.D. has a seedling tree planter, mulch applicator, livestock squeeze and loading chute, spot sprayers, grass seeders, EcoBran applicator and traps for skunks and muskrats. A full listing of equipment available and rates can be downloaded below.
Bookings can be made by contacting the M.D. at 780-837-2221 or by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org. The M.D. requires the signing of an annual agreement once per year and a short form (one page) agreement each time a piece of equipment is rented.
Some of the more salient points from the agreement (paraphrased here) include:
- The renter agrees to hold harmless the M.D., its employees or agents.
- The M.D. will not be held liable for any loss, damage, injuries or expense caused by the equipment.
- The renter is to notify the M.D. immediately of any accident, damage to or deficiencies in the equipment.
- The renter will pay for any loss, damage, cleaning or repairs to the equipment or will forfeit the right to rent equipment from the M.D.
- The renter is responsible for regular maintenance of the equipment.
- The renter will maintain a minimum of $1,000,000 comprehensive general liability for bodily injury and property damage and $1,000,000 automotive liability on any vehicles used to tow or haul the rental equipment.
Please contact the Agricultural Fieldman with any questions on our rental equipment and program.
Normand Boulet, CCA
M.D. of Smoky River
Office: 780-837-2221 ext: 115 Cell: 780-837-0043