With some precipitation, exposed grasses still remain dry in the M.D. of Smoky River and pose a significant wildfire risk. As a result, a FIRE RESTRICTION is now in effect for the M.D. of Smoky River No. 130.
NO FIRE PERMITS will be issued until more precipitation occurs.
The following are ALLOWED, if attended:
- Safe Wood Campfires in campgrounds, backcountry and random camping areas and backyard fire pits (within fire pits) *Pit refers to a encased structure (i.e. steel ring with wire mess on top).
- Off-Highway Vehicles can start wildfires, check frequently to ensure hotspots are free of debris and make sure mufflers and spark arrestors are working properly.
This fire Restriction will remain in effect until conditions improve
Please follow the information provided by the links below to stay up to date on the weather, wildfires and air quality in our region. Also, remember that there is a complete fire ban in the M.D. of Smoky River No. 130
- The Peace River Forest Area posts wildfire updates daily on the Alberta Wildfire app and at: http://srd.web.alberta.ca/peace-river-area-update
- Environment Canada issues special air quality statements because of smoke; go to the following link for details: https://weather.gc.ca/warnings/
- Health information related to air quality and wildfire smoke is available from Alberta Health Services at: https://myhealth.alberta.ca/Alberta/Pages/wildfire-smoke-health.aspx